quarta-feira, 15 de junho de 2011

squares

i would love to believe
that my best is concealed
by the real world
and there’s someone on the other side
all I do is scream and read books

i try to feel at home
but all I feel is more alone
wooden floors
and I wonder if I’m doing anything right

turning up I end getting hurt
as mysterious as a desert brise
in a room too small for two
we end up in a pillow fight
under sheets and blankets
your hair is so perfect it hurts at times

a toothbrush in a cup
I know it’s not much
falling asleep under neon lights
it can be too much

i sit frozen in front of your home
smiling only because
i’m running scared
whatever happened to 1984?
i’m not in the mood
to bury you eight feet under again
you don’t need a camera
if you’re only inside a picture frame

i drink to my love
and drunk drive you inside my head
i can only say goodbye to your shadow
so please leave the light on
‘cause I’m not as strong as I used to be
give all the shade back to my flashlight

can I call you my own
just before December ends
the snow only keeps me warm
when you’re here
you and me

1 comentário:

Alice disse...

Eh pá, isto parece mesmo a tua letra escrita à mão, que giro!